Hospice West Auckland is here to support you and your family/whānau by offering practical, physical, emotional and spiritual support.
We offer specialist palliative health and social care predominantly in a patient's home environment. We also provide some health and social care services from Hospice House for patients who prefer to come onsite and for some procedures.
All of our care is provided by a dedicated, committed team of health and social care professionals, supported by the wider Hospice team. Our services are free for NZ residents and citizens who live in West Auckland.
Please Note: For Covid19 updates, please refer to our homepage, some services may differ from below
• Specialist doctors, nurses and other health professionals who work alongside your General Practitioner (GP)
• Pain and other symptom management
• Practical and supportive advice to carers and family
• Regular scheduled health and social care visits during business hours
• Nurse-on-call service for urgent situations from 8am-4.30pm on weekends and public holidays
• Social work services including advanced care planning and advice about health services and benefits
• Individual and Family Counselling
• Music and Arts Therapy
• Spiritual Care
• Integrative Therapies for Patients, Families & Carers, including massage and aromatherapy
• Patient and Family Support Groups
• Memorial, Celebration & Remembrance Events
Onsite services at Hospice House in Te Atatu Peninsula
• All Health and Social Care services listed above
• Active management of complex symptoms such as pain
• Holistic care specific to each individual patient
After-Hours Phone Advice
Patients, family members, carers and health professionals can contact an experienced palliative nurse specialist for advice over the phone 24 hours a day, seven days a week on 0800 834 9755.
For non-urgent concerns, please call between 8am and 4.30pm.