National Volunteer Week 2020
From 21-27 June we will be celebrating National Volunteer Week.
This is an annual campaign – recognising the contribution of over 1.2 million volunteers who help organisations all over New Zealand. Every year there is a different theme and this year’s theme is “the benefit of working together”. During this week we will be thanking and rewarding our amazing volunteers in various ways.
Our volunteers make an incredible difference to our organisation and we consider them to be ‘the fabric of our organisation’. We simply couldn’t do what we do with them. Over the past twelve months alone, our volunteers have contributed to:
• Equipment drivers delivered 266 pieces of medical equipment to patients’ homes
• Retail volunteers on average provided 3,600 hours per month in our shops
• Craft group have meticulously made and sold over $4000 worth of homemade items
• Our patient companions have given 313 hours visiting patients in their homes.
• Welcoming smiles given – unlimited.
Our Hospice West Auckland volunteers have been awarded 20% discount at any of our Hospice Op Shop stores during the week.
To recognise all the volunteers in New Zealand who gift their time to a charitable organisation, we are offering a 10% discount to be redeemed at any one of our seven Hospice Op Shops in the West of Auckland from the 21-28 June.Back to News