Help keep our wheels turning
Every year, Hospice West Auckland’s vehicles travel more than 190,000 km and rack up $22,800 in fuel bills. Due the growth of West Auckland’s population, combined with a generally ageing population, our team spends even more time on the west coast roads and therefore some of our vehicles need to be replaced.
Our first priority is replacing our equipment van, which is worn out. Thanks to this van we are able to provide a responsive service to patients, delivering oxygen concentrators, wheel chairs and shower stools to patients’ homes promptly, to help them remain in their chosen environment comfortably. The van is constantly on the move delivering and collecting equipment and must be both reliable and safe.
Many people may not realise that the majority of the care we deliver is in patients’ own homes, or the sheer size of the area we serve – from central West Auckland all the way to the South Kaipara Heads.
Please help us stay on the road, serving the people of West Auckland.
Hospice West Auckland On The Road:
- 19 vehicles, including including vehicles used by our health and social care team, a specialist equipment van, a people mover for group sessions, trucks and vans to ensure timely collection of people’s generous donations and prompt delivery of purchases
- 8,000 home visits made each year
- 80% of our care delivered in patient homes
- Annual fuel bill of $25,000
- Annual servicing costs of $10,000
- More than 190,000 km driven every year
Each year Hospice West Auckland needs to fundraise 60% of its operating budget, or between $3 and $4 million, in order to provide specialist palliative care to the people of West Auckland. Your help and support is appreciated.Back to News