How We Are Funded
Hospice West Auckland is a registered charitable trust. Currently, around 50% of our work is funded by the Waitemata District Health Board. The rest of our income is raised through fundraising and grants, events, philanthropic trusts, bequests and revenue from our seven West Auckland Hospice Shops.
Donations from the community mean we can provide our services at no charge and keep the four beds in our Kowhai Suite operational. Hospice West Auckland needs to raise in excess of $7million every year to continue providing care at no cost to the people of the greater West Auckland region. We rely on the generosity of our community and helping hands are always welcome.
This graphic explains very well how we operate:
If you would like to know more about how you or your family can help Hospice West Auckland please email email@example.com to discuss.
We are grateful to the Trusts and Funding Agencies that have supported us throughout the 2018 - 2019 financial year:
- ANZ Staff Foundation
- Community Organisation Grants Scheme (COGS)
- Four Winds Foundation Limited
- Joyce Fisher Charitable Trust
- Kelliher Charitable Trust
- Louisa and Patrick Emmett Murphy Foundation
- Sir John Logan Campbell Residuary Estate
- Sutherland Self Help Trust Board
- The Catholic Caring Foundation
Find out how your business can support our worthy cause, by joining our corporate sponsorship team…