Specialist Palliative Care Nurse
Hospice West Auckland offers a unique opportunity to be part of a professional team providing top class, holistic, personalised care for patients with life limiting illness and their families and whanau in West Auckland.
Is Specialist Palliative Care your passion and calling?
We are looking for a registered nurse preferably Specialist or CNS level with experience in palliative care, able to work all shifts (day, twilight and night), to work in our well-appointed specialist palliative care in-patient unit (the Kowhai Suite).
Hospice offers opportunities for on-going training and professional development; support from a great team of Specialist Doctors and Medical Officers and a well-established community Health and Social Care team; and a pleasant working environment, ten minutes from Auckland City travelling against the traffic with free parking at the door.
Successful applicants will have;
- A current full and unrestricted NZ drivers licence
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a palliative care/oncology or related field
- Current practicing certificate and registration with NZ Nursing Council
- Passionate about the delivery of excellent holistic care
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Currently holds or is committed to complete level 3 PDRP within 12 months
- To hold or be prepared to work towards a Post Graduate certificate/diploma, related to palliative care
- Applicants must be able to work all shifts
If you appreciate the opportunity to participate in the delivery of quality, dedicated care, working collaboratively with like-minded professionals in a specialist area of growth then apply without delay.