Registered Nurses - Specialist Palliative Care
• Tired of task based nursing that loses sight of the holistic needs of the patient?
• Do you want to be the best you can be and further your career?
• Consider an opportunity in the up and coming field of specialist palliative care
We are looking to recruit highly practical, can do nurses with a passion for holistic palliative care and a desire to grow and learn, to work in our well-appointed four bed specialist palliative care in-patient facility (the Kowhai Suite).
If truly holistic nursing is your passion and calling and you want to come home to an organisation that values the psychosocial and spiritual as much as the medical then join a professional team providing top class, holistic, personalised care for patients and families in West Auckland.
To work in the Kowhai Suite, you will need to be able to work all shifts (day, twilight and night).
Successful applicants will;
• hold current registration with the NZ Nursing Council
• be able to work in New Zealand (citizen, resident or appropriate visa status)
• have three years' plus experience preferably in specialist palliative care but related areas considered (e.g. oncology, gerontology etc.)
• hold or be working towards level 3 portfolio or above
• be willing to undertake post graduate level study (or already be in progress preferred)
• hold a full and unrestricted NZ drivers licence and reliable car
We offer opportunities for on-going professional development, support from a great team of Specialist Doctors and Medical Officers and well-established Social Care and Community nursing teams. Ours is a pleasant working environment, ten minutes from Auckland City travelling against the traffic with free parking at the door. This is an opportunity to learn from best in the west.
Apply by sending your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Hospice RN” in the subject line, outlining your passion and interest for palliative care, without delay.