Clinical Nurse Specialist - Community Palliative Care
At Hospice West Auckland, we're known for consistently providing the very best holistic and personalised care for patients and families/whanau in West Auckland. We're looking for two Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) level registered nurses with a passion for holistic palliative care to join our dynamic and highly respected community health care team.
In this role you would be working Monday to Friday plus some rostered on-call (including weekends and public holidays), directly supporting patients and their family/whanau in addressing the complex issues surrounding life limiting illness and end of life.
Your clinical expertise, kind and empathic nature are characteristics we value in our people. What really makes you “sing” is the variety and challenge of community based service delivery of palliative care. You love to work autonomously but also have highly developed communication skills and the adaptability to best facilitate the wrap around holistic care our patients require.
The icing on the cake is;
• our Te Atatu Peninsula facility well-appointed and only a ten minute drive from Auckland City (travelling against the traffic) with free parking at the door, with beaches and walking tracks on your doorstep, and
• you will be supported by and work with a dedicated team of like-minded professionals with opportunities for on-going professional development
Successful applicants will;
• hold current registration with the NZ Nursing Council
• be able to work in New Zealand (citizen, resident or appropriate visa status)
• have three years' plus experience preferably in specialist palliative care but related areas considered (e.g. oncology, gerontology etc.)
• community experience preferred
• hold or be working towards level 3 portfolio or above
• be willing to undertake post graduate level study (or already be in progress preferred)
• hold a full and unrestricted NZ drivers licence and reliable car
If you would like to practice as part of an inter-disciplinary team while experiencing the challenge and growth afforded by a community role in the diverse culture of West Auckland please forward your CV and covering letter to email@example.com with “Hospice CNS” in the subject line. For further information on this role, call Karen on 0274 660 870.