How We Are Funded
Hospice West Auckland is a registered charitable trust. Currently, around forty percent of our work is funded by the Waitemata District Health Board. The rest of our income is raised through fundraising and grants, events, philanthropic trusts, bequests and revenue from our four West Auckland Hospice Shops.
Donations from the community mean we can provide our services at no charge and keep the four beds in our Kowhai Suite operational. Hospice West Auckland needs to raise in excess of $5million every year to continue providing care at no cost to the people of the greater West Auckland region. We rely on the generosity of our community and helping hands are always welcome.
If you would like to know more about how you or your family can help Hospice West Auckland please email email@example.com to discuss.
We are grateful to the Trusts and Funding Agencies that have supported us throughout the 2014-2015 financial year:
- Alexander Harold Watson Charitable Trust
- Auckland Council, Community Wellbeing West Fund
- Community Organisation Grants Scheme
- Four Winds Foundation Limited
- Freemasons Foundation
- JM Thompson Charitable Trust
- Joyce Fisher Charitable Trust
- Louisa and Patrick Emmett Murphy Foundation
- Maurice Paykel Charitable Trust
- NZ Community Trust
- NZ Lottery Grants Board
- St Joans Charitable Trust
- Sir John Logan Campbell Residuary Estate
- Ted and Mollie Car Endowment Fund
- The James Russell Lewis Trust
- The John Mitchell McLachlan Charitable Trust
- The Trusts Community Foundation
Find out how your business can support our worthy cause, by joining our corporate sponsorship team…